Frequently Asked Questions
Are pets allowed?
Yes! Dogs are welcome in two of the rooms (Dreamcatcher and Willow Warren)
- please no heavy shedding dogs
- two dogs max
- no cats, lizards, bears, or other beasts :)
- please do not leave them unattended in the rooms
- please don't bring dogs that bark a lot, chances are that will ruin other guests relaxation time
- do not let them go in the llama pen, the llamas are gentle, but not if they're being attacked
What is your cancellation refund policy?
We provide full refunds for cancellations or rescheduling with 5 days or more notice from the checkin date.
If you need to cancel within 5 days, we will work with you, so please call as soon as you know, so we can open the room back up, and if any of the days get booked, then we will refund you for those days.
Please keep in mind, that we only have 4 rooms and cancellations have a big impact on us.
What amenities do the rooms have?
All of the rooms have the following:
- mini fridge
- king sized bed
- coffee machine (with mugs, keurig pods and creamers)
- tea maker
What time is checkin and checkout?
Checkin: Anytime after 4pm. If you know your ETA, please call, text (858-205-3104), or send us an email.
(for checkins after 10pm please give us a call and we can leave a key for you and instructions to find the room).
Checkout: Anytime before 11am, if you need a little extra time, no problem, just let us know
Early Checkin : Our policy is: if we can make it work, we will. Just let us know your ETA, and we will put a note on the reservation to prioritize making sure the room is ready, and can give you a call or text when it is ready.
Do you serve breakfast or food at the hotel?
We no longer provide breakfast or carry a food service permit, since the change in ownership in 2020. However, we have lowered our pricing and made significant renovations, and bedding improvements.
For breakfast options in town, we recommend a couple of places:
- The Julian Cafe and Soups & Such have consistently received positive reviews. (breakfast ends at 10am)
- The crêpes at The Purple Owl are served all day!
- We highly recommend the Farmhouse 78, if you pass through Santa Ysabel, on the way back home
Is there a kitchen we can use on the property?
Yes! there is a fully equipped kitchen next to the Gathering Room that you are welcome to use. Please just let us know when you checkin when you would like to use it so we can make sure its clean for you, and try our best to stay out of your way.
Do you accept one night reservations?
On Sun-Thu, Yes, (over the phone), but on Fri and Sat, No.
Julian is slow during the weekdays, but busy on the weekends, and one night reservations tend to cause the other weekend night not to book. We only have four rooms, so in order for us to keep our prices down and our doors open, we have this policy.